ACUPUNCTURE RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Eastern Shore Acupuncture & Healing Arts offers a unique opportunity for acupuncturists who are looking to grow their skills and confidence through mentorship. Our paid acupuncture residency provides both didactic and hands-on training as well as the guidance and experience of our senior practitioner. You will also gain experience actively managing your own caseload.
– Independently manage your own caseload, working towards the goal of handling two exam rooms in an overlapping treatment schedule.
– Meet with patients in 30 to 120-minute appointments, spending time developing a collaborative relationship with patients, assisting them in maintaining their health and promoting consciousness of wellness.
– Discuss treatment options and preventative measures and monitor patients’ progress.
– Analyze physical findings and medical histories to make diagnoses according to acupuncture Oriental medicine (AOM) traditions and develop individual treatment plans and strategies.
– Administer AOM treatment when appropriate, identifying the correct anatomical and proportional point locations based on patients’ anatomy and positions, contraindications, and precautions related to treatment with insertion of intradermal needles, application of direct or indirect non-scarring moxibustion techniques, electrical stimulation, guasha, heat/cold therapies and such techniques as acupressure, shiatsu, and tuina.
– Maintain detailed and complete records of health care plans and prognoses; completed within 24 hours of patient encounter.
– Maintain and follow standard quality, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures, adhering to all local, state and federal laws, regulations and statutes.
– Communicate with other members of the healthcare team.
BENEFITS OF RESIDENCY
6 HANDS ON TRAINING SESSIONS COVERING:
- advanced orthopedic needle techniques and orthopedic assessment
- hara diagnosis
- electrical stimulation
Practice management skills
- acurate and defensible documentation.
- weekly phone conversation discussing practice issues like complicated clinical presentation, documentation and more.
- assistance with insurance accreditation and access to billing and scheduling staff.
Email a resume as well as a cover letter. Please provide professional and academic references.